On Thursday, December 5, the Chicago Connectory welcomed member,
Shared-Use Mobility Center (SUMC), as they hosted their Holiday Open House.
Executive Director at SUMC, Sharon Feigon, kicked off the event by presenting the company’s objectives along with their journey to date. During the last five years, SUMC has been involved with 30 different mobility-related pilots. The group believes that their involvement in pilots has been the best way to get involved with partners and implement their learning center.
Sharon then shared some of the big trends they see in shared mobility including:
· Improving bus systems with fare capping
· Using on-demand and AV shuttle technology in cities and suburbs
· Social service and public transport integration- providing universal access
· Data privacy and sharing
· Managing street access for people and active modes
· Implementing free transit and new pricing models
If you are interested in learning more about shared mobility, SUMC will be hosting their National Shared Mobility Summit on March 17-19, 2020. Visit our events page to learn more!
Thank you SUMC for another great evening of networking and discussion centered on mobility!